Road Watch® SS Road Temperature Measuring System uses state-of-the-art infrared measuring, which assures accurate, real-time road surface temperature information critical to proper deployment of anti-icing and de-icing materials, as well as an alert of existing hazardous conditions for driver safety.
Road Watch Sensor will accurately sense a one-degree change in road temperature in one-tenth of a second. An early warning system (leveraging road sensors and temperature sensors) within RoadWatch Sensor alerts the driver when the road surface temperature dips to thirty-seven degrees or below. RoadWatch® SS Temperature Measuring System was originally developed to assist highway and public works departments to determine when and where to apply road treatment chemicals. But this innovative Road Watch Sensor can benefit all kinds of other drivers too!
The Road Watch® SS Road Temperature Measuring System is already in use throughout North America and Europe. Using its unique early warning road sensors and temperature sensors, city and state highway departments along with airports rely on RoadWatch SS to tell them when to treat road surfaces when hazardous driving conditions are created.
Road Watch® SS is mainly used by Departments of Transportation (Municipalities: local, state and federal), and can also be used as a Tool for De-Icing or Line Painting on Asphalt.
Road Watch Downloads
RoadWatch® SS Road Temperature Measuring System shows the actual road temperature and outside air temperature. Road Watch® SS assures accurate, real-time road surface temperature information critical to proper deployment of anti-icing and de-icing materials.
When the road surface temperature indicates 35 degrees Fahrenheit, the visual alert notifies drivers of approaching deployment conditions. To further optimize utility and cost efficiency, Road Watch SS with RS-232 has the capability of communicating both air and road temperature data to other equipment or systems.
Road Watch® SS is The Cost Effective Answer
Road Watch® SS Technical Specifications:
- Road Accuracy:
- ±2°F (23 to 41°F Ambient)
- ±6°F (-40 to 23°F, 41 to 131°F Ambient)
- Air Accuracy: ±2°F (-40 to 131°F)
- Repeatability: ±2°F
- Emissivity: Factory calibrated at 0.96
- Field of View Angle: 15°
- Operating Voltage: nominal 12 VDC (vehicle power)
- Current Requirement: 0.05 Amp
- System Operating Temperature Range: -40°F to + 150°F
- Sensor Sample Rate: 10 samples per second
- Display Response Time: 1/2 second, immediate peak response
- Weight: Sensor, 11 oz., Display, 3 oz.
- Vibration: 4 g’s two axis, Sensor and Display
- Relative Humidity: 95% Non-condensing
- Shock: 100 g’s I/R sensor element
Road Watch® SS Accessories
- P/N MSF 3269-00
- Fuse protected Display; quick connect cable. Color-coded
- Bullet terminals with strain relief locate over power studs
- Opposite end stripped and tined. Length: 6 ft.
- P/N MSF 270-1559
- Plugs into cigarette receptacle for quick installations
- Color coded bullet terminals with strain relief locate over
- Power studs providing positive attachment. Length: 8 ft
- P/N MSF 3275-00
- Alternate mounting for Trucks or Cars.
- Compact Sensor mounting with quick release tabs.
- Provides instant system attachment
- P/N MSF 3291-00
- Alternate mounting for Trucks or Cars.
- Compact Sensor mounting.
- Provides instant system attachment.
Sensor Mounting Bracket
- P/N MSF 112-0040-000
- Alternate mounting for trucks.
- Sensor mounting for behind the sleeper or on the frame.
- P/N MSF A2771-25
- Bracket for larger C loop tubes.
- P/N MSF GB-12
- Alternate mounting for trucks or cars.
- Stainless steel, 11 inches long x 2 inches deep.
Display Mounting Bracket
- P/N MSF 6881
- Standard “L” instrument mounting bracket.
- For top of dash or bottom edge of dash installation
- P/N MSF 9925
- Display sets inside molded pedestal for enclosed
- Dash top installation. All hardware included.
- P/N MSF 0140007000
- P/N MSF 8490099000
- M8 – EDAC Adapter Cable, MSF4340104000
- EDAC – M8 Adapter Cable, MSF4340105000
- 4 foot Extension Cable, MSF4340100002
- 12 foot Extension Cable, MSF4340100000
Share this article
* Specifications subject to change for the improvement of the product.
* Please note, some information may require Adobe Acrobat Reader to open. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click here to download it for free.